No matter how long ago you experience a C-Section type incision and for whatever reason, if you are experiencing discomfort, the Burrell Method For Holistic C-Section Recovery will probably give you the freedom that you thought wasn’t possible ever again.
It wasn’t until I experienced extremely poor healing post two C-Sections (Uterine Fibroid Myomectomy and Hysterectomy) that I suddenly began to realize how many women have unsatisfactory results and unanswered questions in this area and good information very hard to find and with over a decade and a half spent working and tutoring in fitness/wellness for the Pregnant & the Post Natal client, I decided the create the service that I wish I had had access to in those early days of my own recovery.
In the UK nearly 1/4 of births are via C-Section. and many more women experience the procedure throughout their lives for other gynaecological procedures yet there is no real guidance on how to heal successfully from such a major procedure and successfully reconnect to the core never mind deal with the soft-tissue issues (adhesions and scar tissue) that arise from these types of procedures.
And thanks to the continual rise in gynaecological conditions that require entry to the Pelvic Cavity via the C-Section procedure and the rise in Hysterectomy for the menopausal woman, the need for an holistic programme that addresses the need for a growing and sizeable portion of any countries female population is way overdue.
For many women who experience slow, poor or painful healing, the appearance of and lack of ability to connect with their abdomen and Pelvic Floor post C-Section is a huge concern, so as a soft-tissue therapist, Post Natal fitness and wellness educator, the help of some very learned colleagues and as someone who has managed to make sense of the procedure and how finally, to recover well. I created this Holistic programme for C-Section Recovery.
And with not a sit-up in sight, this is all about healing INSIDE OUT! The emphasis is squarely on these fundamental pillars that help us to create a BESPOKE programme for you! No one-size-fits-all here!
‘CAN DO’ strategies for helping you REST and DE-STRESS. The high Cortisol levels associated with the Post Natal period also retard healing and cause you to hold fat around your middle. This programme helps you to help yourself to not only a better looking belly but one that FUNCTIONS and supports your Pelvic, Core and overall health.
Who Is This Programme For?
- Do you feel disconnect to your tummy and Pelvic Floor since your C-Section?
- Do you have a painful or uncomfortable C-Section scar that you want to free?
- Does your scar hurt after any lifting or an exercise session?
- Have you noticed a change in your bowel movements since your C-Section?
- Are you a woman who wants to know more about her Pelvic Floor, Core and overall health?
- Have you experienced the odd leak when jumping, running, laughing or sneezing and know that that’s a sign that you need to take control of your Pelvic Health?
- Do you have ‘lower back pain’ issues that you’ve been told is due to a ‘weak Core’?
- Do you want a better looking belly but know it’s an inside out job so need to go deeper and work smarter than just doing ‘sit-ups’?
- Are you ready to prioritize this area of your health and learn ESSENTIAL skills to last you a lifetime?
- You want to learn the importance of food for not only fat loss but nourishing your deep health and healing?
- Are you ready to learn the importance of ‘rest’ and ‘self-care’ as part of your wellness journey?
So, How Does It Work?
- This programme is dedicated to helping the client understand what’s happened. Knowing the why’s and how’s matter A LOT!
- All the Coaches get hands-on with every woman going through the programme. Some coaches also include massage and other soft-tissue therapy – no generic prescription here – every programme is based on a 1-1 consultation followed by prescription for what is best for that client.
- This programme will involve abdominal/visceral massage if necessary to combat possible scar tissue/adhesions associated with the C-Section Procedure.
- The programme starts by getting the basics of posture and alignment improved including soft-tissue work/remedial massage and to bring balance to your entire body.
- This is more of a massage/soft-tissue therapy, movement and release/re-alignment programme and so utterly bespoke to your particular issues.
- You’re provided with all the exercise kit you need and a 28-page educational booklet to help you really understand the process and the facts about Holistic restoration of Core function.
The programme has a strong focus on HEALING NUTRITION! 100% . We heal from the INSIDE OUT! And I have simple but highly effective strategies for helping you get the specific vitamins and minerals required to heal your Core into your diet easily.
The Coaches Learning Functional Assessment of the Core
- We employ ‘CAN DO’ strategies for helping you REST and DE-STRESS. The high cortisol levels associated with the Post Natal period also retard healing and cause you to hold fat around your middle. This programme helps you to help yourself to not only a better looking belly but one that FUNCTIONS and supports your Pelvic, Core and overall health.
- All Coaches are linked with specially trained Post Natal Women’s Health specialists in this area and know EXACTLY when to REFER you to a clinical specialist when this programme isn’t the answer for you.